Thursday, May 10, 2012

Our Friend Chris

I asked our friend Chris if he could tell us all a little more about how he got into the business side of A Marvelous Work. Here it is in his own words!

"For me, the idea behind A Marvelous Work comes from a desire to remember my stories. I was an inexperienced, 6' white male from Vegas assigned to serve in the tropical Philippines Bacolod Mission riddled with rumors of eating dog and hacking through forests to get to appointments. I figured there was a good chance I'd get a few exciting tales to tell my grandchildren. Upon completing my mission, I found that I not only had a few crazy tales to tell, but also countless testimony building experiences that strengthened my spiritual foundation and set me on the path of lifetime discipleship.

"I'd like to say that I wrote faithfully in my journal throughout my mission. I can't though. After about a year, entries diminished to about once a month. I want my children and grandchildren to experience my experiences through my eyes, and now the only continuous record I have is recorded in the emails I sent to my family. This spurred me on to create a mini-version of A Marvelous Work for an assignment and later, talk to Kelcie about making it a product that people could use to preserve their own memories for future generations."


No comments:

Post a Comment